Come to work. Stay to Succeed.
At MFS, we hire talented individuals and help them create extraordinary careers.
News & Highlights
MFS is a premier money management firm with a rich history and a growing global reputation. Since 1924, when our founders invented the mutual fund, collaboration and innovation have fueled our success. When you join our team, you will be challenged by the work you do, and you will share your talents with a vibrant network of vested individuals to create an elite organization and build a rewarding career.
Established in 1924, MFS is an active, global asset manager with investment offices in Boston, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Toronto. We employ a uniquely collaborative approach to build better insights for our clients. Our investment approach has three core elements: integrated research, global collaboration and active risk management.
As of December 31, 2013 (unless otherwise noted):
- The firm ranked as the 26th largest US money management firm according to Institutional Investor magazine1 and 13th largest U.S. mutual fund manager, according to research firm Strategic Insight.2
- The MFS family of more than 80 U.S. mutual funds is distributed through financial advisors affiliated with brokerage houses, financial institutions, financial planning firms, and independent advisors.
- MFS investment products are also available on many of the largest defined contribution retirement platforms for inclusion in qualified retirement plans, including 401(k) plans.
- MFS Institutional Advisors, Inc. manages equity and fixed-income assets for a global client base that includes public pension plans, corporate pension plans, insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, multi-employer plans, and investment advisory firms.
- MFS offers the Meridian Funds, a line of more than 30 mutual funds available through financial intermediaries to non-U.S. investors.
- MFS is among the largest asset managers of insurance assets in the US through its Variable Insurance Trust (VIT) funds.
- The firm’s global research platform includes more than 200 investment professionals in investment offices at its headquarters in Boston and in offices in Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, Singapore, São Paulo, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto.
- MFS has more than 1,700 employees worldwide.
- MFS' parent company is Sun Life Financial, a leading international financial services organization providing a diverse range of wealth accumulation and protection products and services to individuals and corporate customers. Sun Life Financial Inc. trades on the Toronto (TSX), New York (NYSE), and Philippine (PSE) stock exchanges under ticker symbol SLF.
- Over time, MFS has been a leading innovator in the asset management industry, including creating one of the first in-house research departments in the mutual fund industry in 1932, launching the first high-yield municipal bond fund and the first global balanced fund, and more recently creating “outcome-oriented” products, such as its line of target-risk, target-date, and other asset allocation strategies.
1Institutional Investor magazine, July/August 2013, based on December 31, 2012, data
2Strategic Insight, as of December 31, 2013
MFS Steps up for Making Strides Walk
The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk is a fundraiser for life-saving research and much-needed support services for breast cancer victims. MFS was a flagship sponsor of the 2011 Boston event, sending a team of more than 75 walkers, including friends and family of employees.
MFS walkers joined 40,000 other participants in a 5.7-mile walk around the Charles River Esplanade. Team MFS, raising more than $28,000, achieved the fifth-highest team donation total this year.
Team MFS made good impressions on fellow participants at the Making Strides walk. Several team members, in fact, were recognized by business partners, one who remarked "Oh, you're from MFS — we love you! We know you're dedicated to your investors and broker partners, but this shows your dedication to the community."
"She said that our participation deepened her respect for the company even more," recalled an employee who walked as part of Team MFS.
It's Easy Being Green
MFS has been finding ways to reduce our carbon footprint and make the company more environmentally friendly.
Our eDelivery program saved time, space, and precious natural resources by providing electronic copies of MFS fund documents and account statements.
MFS has an extensive internal recycling program for glass, metal, certain batteries, paper and plastic items, yielding thousands of tons of recycled material over the course of a year.
Little Things Add Up
MFS has taken steps to make its offices more environmentally friendly, with waste-reducing faucets, two-sided printing, and many energy-saving measures. A free mug program provides reusable MFS mugs to employees, further reducing waste.
MFS will take our green efforts to another level when our corporate headquarters moves to 111 Huntington Avenue in Boston, a building that is highly rated in terms of sustainability by the U.S. Green Building Council's LEED certification scale.