Come to work. Stay to Succeed.
At MFS, we hire talented individuals and help them create extraordinary careers.
MFS is a premier money management firm with a rich history and a growing global reputation. Since 1924, when our founders invented the mutual fund, collaboration and innovation have fueled our success. When you join our team, you will be challenged by the work you do, and you will share your talents with a vibrant network of vested individuals to create an elite organization and build a rewarding career.
MFS is an active, global asset manager with investment offices in Boston, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Toronto. We employ a uniquely collaborative approach to build better insights for our clients. Our investment approach has three core elements: integrated research, global collaboration and active risk management. We employ a uniquely collaborative approach to build better insights for our clients.
As of December 31, 2015 (unless otherwise noted):
- The firm ranked as the 24th largest US money management firm according to Institutional Investor magazine3 and 12th largest U.S. mutual fund manager, according to research firm Strategic Insight.4
- The MFS family of more than 80 U.S. mutual funds is distributed through financial advisors affiliated with brokerage houses, financial institutions, financial planning firms, and independent advisors.
- MFS investment products are also available on many of the largest defined contribution retirement platforms for inclusion in qualified retirement plans, including 401(k) plans.
- MFS Institutional Advisors, Inc. manages equity and fixed-income assets for a global client base that includes public pension plans, corporate pension plans, insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, multi-employer plans, and investment advisory firms.
- MFS offers the Meridian Funds, a line of 35 mutual funds available through financial intermediaries to non-U.S. investors.
- MFS is among the largest asset managers of insurance assets in the US through its Variable Insurance Trust (VIT) funds.
- The firm's global research platform includes more than 200 investment professionals in investment offices at its headquarters in Boston and in offices in Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, Singapore, São Paulo, Sydney, Tokyo and Toronto.
- MFS has approximately 1,900 employees worldwide.
- MFS is a member of the Sun Life Financial group of companies, a leading international financial services organization providing a diverse range of wealth accumulation and protection products and services to individuals and corporate customers. Sun Life Financial Inc. is the parent company of the Sun Life Financial group of companies and trades on the Toronto (TSX), New York (NYSE), and Philippine (PSE) stock exchanges under the ticker symbol SLF.
- Over time, MFS has been a leading innovator in the asset management industry, including creating one of the first in-house research departments in the mutual fund industry in 1932, launching the first high-yield municipal bond fund and the first global balanced fund, and more recently creating "outcome-oriented" products, such as its line of target-risk, target-date, and other asset allocation strategies.
- Based on US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), the firm had total assets of $1,830 million and total liabilities of $963 million.
1 Total may vary due to rounding
2 % non-U.S. equals monies invested by MFS in securities not registered or domiciled in the U.S.
3 Institutional Investor magazine, July 2015, based on December 31, 2014, data
4 Strategic Insight, as of December 31, 2015